Skip to content
Preparation time: 15 min
Cooking time: 20min
- 3 tbsp. Japanese mirin (rice wine)
- 2 tbsp. finely sliced fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp. garlic, grated
- 2 tsp honey
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 lb flank steak, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. fresh ginger, grated
- 4 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced
- 4 cups sliced vegetables (bell peppers, broccoli, snow peas, bok choy, etc.)
- 4 tbsp. soy sauce
- Steamed rice, for serving
- In a large bowl mix the mirin, ginger, garlic, honey, and lime juice. Add the steak and toss well to coat.
- In large non-stick sauté pan heat 1 tablespoon of the vegetable oil and cook half the steak for 3 min. toss mid-way through cooking. Set aside. Repeat for second half of steak.
- For stir-fry, place 1 tablespoon of oil, garlic, ginger and sliced scallions in pan. Cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add half of the vegetables, and 2 tablespoons soy sauce and cook for about 4 minutes. Transfer to the serving dish.
- Again, add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil, remaining vegetables, and 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, and cook for 4 minutes. Be sure to reheat pan between batches.
- Toss the meat and vegetables together in the serving dish, and serve with steamed white rice.