Skip to content
Preparation time: 5 min
Cooking time: 15 min
- 2 slices of rustic Italian bread
- 2 tbsp. Béchamel Sauce (store bought or homemade)
- 1/2 cup of leftover braised beef, shredded (see Red Wine Braised Beef recipe)
- 2 slices Swiss or Gruyère cheese
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 400 °F (200 °C).
- Place the bread slices, side by side on a baking sheet. Slather with the béchamel sauce.
- Top each sandwich with half the meat and top with cheese.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the cheese is lightly golden brown.